At this first appointment, the orthodontist will take a panoramic x-ray and intra-oral photos. We will then discuss your treatment, including the cost of your case.
Records Appointment for Orthodontic Diagnosis, Treatment Plan and Consultation
In order to prepare a treatment plan for each patient, a thorough diagnosis is essential. The diagnostic process begins with the following procedures:
- Review of Health History Questionnaire
- 2 radiographs (x-rays) are taken. One to determine the jaw relationship; the other surveys all the teeth and supporting bone and tissue.
- Proportional photographs of the teeth are taken in various views along with facial views.
- Impressions of the teeth with a wax bite orientation are taken so that the study models of the mouth can be made.
- A complete intra-oral exam is performed.
- Diagnosis preparation and treatment plan
Initial Placement of Braces
The initial placement appointment can be performed simultaneously with the records appointment or separately. If the initial placement appointment is performed in conjunction with the records appointment, it encompasses all of the above procedures, with the addition of the beginning of the treatment process indicated below.
- The cost of the appliances (braces, wires, conditioners, bonding materials, etc)
- The cost of placement of the appliances by Dr. Finkelson and staff.
- Oral hygiene instruction as related to orthodontic appliances.
- Diagnosis, preparation of treatment plan, and communication with your other dental care providers.
The initial placement portion of your orthodontic treatment can vary depending on your personalized treatment plan. Please refer to your financial statement for the appropriate fee.
Phase I and Active Treatment
Active and Phase I treatment, involves a series of appointments spread over the estimated treatment time, as outlined in your treatment plan, during your New Patient Consultation or Records appointment.
- The cost of appliances (brackets, separators, coils, wires, elastomers, elastics, power thread, specialized appliances, etc)
- The cost involved with the bonding, cementing and placement of above appliances by Dr Finkelson and staff.
- All additional x-rays and study models taken as deemed appropriate by Dr. Finkelson.
- Adjustments and alignments as required to achieve proper occlusion.
- Delivery of initial set of retainers.
- 12 months of retainer supervision.
The cost of your orthodontic treatment can vary depending on your personalized treatment plan. Please refer to your financial statement for the appropriate fee.
Additional Fees are charged for the following:
- Repeated replacement of lost, loose, broken braces or replacement of appliances due to patient neglect (The above fees are not designed to cover breakage or loss, since that would penalize those who are careful and do not have any breakage or loss).
- Failed appointments
- Additional retainers after the initial retainer appliance(s)
- Additional orthodontic treatment
- Copies of records
The appointment when you get your appliances (braces, expanders, etc.) usually takes approximately one hour. You’ll then see us at regular intervals approximately 4 to 8 weeks apart for an adjustment, which takes 20 to 40 minutes. Patients are seen by appointment only. We make every effort to be on time for our patients, and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us 24 hours or more in advance of your appointment time. Cancel only if it is an emergency. It is difficult to reschedule you since most appointments are made 4 to 8 weeks in advance.
The cost of treatment depends on the severity of the patient’s problem. You will be able to discuss fees and payment options before treatment begins. We have payment plans to suit different budgets, including a no-down-payment option. We also accept assignment from most insurance plans, and file the necessary papers to the insurance company. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
In an effort to keep orthodontic fees down while maintaining the highest level of professional care, we have established this financial policy:
- If full payment is made at the onset of treatment, we will offer a fee discount. (If you have insurance, we will offer a discount for payment of your portion of the fee that will not be covered by insurance.)
- To fit your individual needs, financial arrangements can be made to extend your payments over a period of months.
- For your convenience, we accept payment by VISA, MASTERCARD and AMERICAN EXPRESS. We also offer CareCredit as a third party financing option. Please call CareCredit at their toll free telephone number 866-519-9167.
- In cases of serious delinquency, treatment will be discontinued, although we will make every effort to accommodate patients with temporary difficulties.
If you have insurance, we will help you to determine the coverage you have available. We ask that you assign your insurance benefit to us. The balance will be arranged for you to pay (see above). Professional care is provided to you, our patient, and not to an insurance company. Thus, the insurance company is responsible to the patient and the patient is responsible to the doctor. We will help in every way we can in filing your claim and handling insurance questions from our office on your behalf.